Transport SpecialistRecruiter: Asian Development Bank
Provide technical inputs and analysis for transport projects with a focus on railways. Identify, develop and implement transport-related investment projects and contribute to the development of transport sector policy for ADB’s developing member countries (DMCs) in South Asia region. Work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
a. Strategy and Planning
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for the transport sector, including infrastructure development, institutional arrangements, operations and management for railways and multimodal logistics, safety, urban transport, environment, and energy efficiency, among others, in DMCs in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Participate in ADB’s subregional activities relating to the transport sector, including transport network development and transit facilitation.
b. Project Development and Management
- Supervise implementation of projects and technical assistance in the transport sector.
- Identify opportunities for ADB assistance projects in the transport sector in DMCs.
- Integrate ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of transport sector projects.
- Provide advice to executing agencies on project preparation, implementation and operation and maintenance aspects.
- Carry out policy dialogue with DMC governments and clients to support and implement institutional strengthening on a sector and entity level to prepare upcoming interventions.
c. Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide technical inputs, especially on engineering, procurement, project implementation and analysis of the transport sector and policies with a view of ensuring comparability to best practices and responsiveness to development needs of DMCs.
- Evaluate projects from the institutional performance point of view and draw lessons for future projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of projects to ensure compliance with ADB’s social and environmental safeguards policies.
d. Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on the transport sector and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
e. Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
- Supervisor: Director
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in Transport/Civil/Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields. University degree in Transport/Civil/Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, which includes railway (technical, planning, or operations).
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Deadline for applications is on 10 March 2017.
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are encouraged to apply.
The vision of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and based in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. While the position advertised is for the ADB headquarters, staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside Manila, Philippines at the discretion of Management. Applicants must be nationals of one of ADB's member countries.