Principal ConsultantRecruiter: CRA Risk Analysis
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
- CRA is seeking to employ a Principal Consultant to provide systems engineering and safety risk consulting services to its rail clients in the UK, Europe the Middle East and Australia.
- As a professional of approximately 15 years’ experience, you will be able to demonstrate a unique selling point in one of the rail disciplines (e.g. Control Systems, Traffic Managment, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering).
- You will be passionate about growth, in terms of: leading industry thinking in your specialist area; providing expert advice and support to internal and external stakeholders; being part of a high performing Rail Engineering team at CRA.
- Reporting to the Chief Consultant, Rail Engineering, you will contribute to the identification and development of business opportunities associated with your specialist area and manage key client relationships while ensuring clients receive the highest quality of service.
- CRA’s culture has three values at its core; Quality, Integrity and Leadership. You will be expected to espouse CRA’s values at all times.
- Degree qualified (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) in your area of rail expertise
- Chartered or working toward becoming Chartered
- Management experience on major rail infrastructure projects
- Proven design, integration and assurance experience with a consultancy background or extensive design management with a contractor
- Comfortable working as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team and being familiar with local practices, processes and standards employed
- Significant involvement in the delivery of multiple high-profile rail projects
- Recognised ability to work and lead across multiple projects
Core Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK and European rail industries?
- Natural penchant for developing business
- Desire to help build, develop and lead a team
- Thorough understanding of current engineering standards, national and European, industry best practice, safety regulations and safety assurance through the lifecycle?
- Strategic planning and delivery
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management during delivery of complex projects?
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels and to nurture client relationships?
- Inspirational, both technically and personally
- Emotionally intelligent
- Enthusiasm to develop others in a growing Systems Engineering management consultancy environment?
- Immediately leverageable currency in UK, Europe or Middle East
- An impressive professional network in the UK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills?
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- High level of IT proficiency, computer literacy, MS Office Suite
- Ability to think logically and creatively
- Highly developed report writing and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- International rail experience
- Ability to write successful bid proposals
- Experience in application of Technical Sales process
- Non-rail consulting experience in the UK or internationally (e.g. wider transportation, nuclear)
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Ruairí Kennedy:
M: 07967 737 780