Deputy Director, Rolling Stock & Depot EquipmentRecruiter: Land Transport Authority
You will lead, oversee and manage the project progress for all rolling stock and depot equipment contracts for both existing MRT lines and new MRT projects, to ensure achievement of key milestones in procurement, manufacturing, installation, testing and commissioning, within the project timescale. You will facilitate and manage the design, construction, testing and commissioning phases/stages up to the successful handover of the rolling stock and depot equipment system to commence trial running and revenue service.
You will ensure that contractors and staff carry out their works in a safe manner, with acceptable quality, within allocated time and budget.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 20 years of project management experience in a railway environment and experience in managing rolling stock and depot equipment contracts
- Experience in project and contract management: from tendering, engineering, design, procurement and construction management to testing and commissioning
- Knowledge of other railway systems i.e. signalling, communications and supervisory control, etc., of an automated transit system, especially the interfaces with rolling stock
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to direct and motivate a multi-disciplinary staff to work as a team
- Strong organizational and planning skills