Route Property & Facilities ManagerRecruiter: Network Rail
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom
Salary: £42336 - £47628 per annum
Work with Route colleagues to develop strategic plans so that the portfolio matches company requirements both immediate and long-term with reference to the performance of route buildings.
1. Manage resources to enable all estate management issues and tasks of a more important, complex and confidential nature including acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, rent review and internal leases are undertaken effectively on time and within budget.
2. Set clear objectives and provide detailed papers and recommendations to make certain that business priorities, initiatives, policies, agreed strategies and capital investment authorities are delivered acting as sponsor from start through to completion.
3. Manage the utilisation, control, maintenance and where appropriate renewal of the route’s work places and associated assets in accordance with relevant standards or best practice.
4. Prepare, manage and control income expenditure budgets.
5. Assess, develop and deliver revenue and capital investment initiatives to maximise and improve the performance and values of buildings in line with the strategy and performance of buildings.
6. Obtain full data and advise and report on the performance of buildings in terms of income, expenditure, capital and rental values, uses, constraints, market demands and space utilisation in accordance with government benchmarking statistics.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of the total facilities management contract currently in place and help in maintaining and enhancing the facilities services strategy for workplace locations nationally so that reliable, cost effective and welcoming services are provided in accordance with industry best practice.
8. Work with colleagues within Workplace Management, the Routes and national functions to maintain and enhance the total facilities management contract with specific reference to end-user customer experience and financial performance.
9. Assist in the maintenance of the workplace environment and facilities in compliance with corporate and statutory health and safety policies, Diversity and Inclusion strategies regulations and procedures, through rigorous contract management and the use of external auditing service.
10. Advise on expenditure with respect to maintenance and renewal of the workplace environment and facilities, assisting in keeping expenditure in line with budget provision and consistent with the agreed strategy for the estate.
11. Develop and lead the implementation of strategies to increase efficiency of the workplace environment with the aim of reducing operating expenditure, improving sustainability and increasing customer satisfaction.
12. Proactively develop and maintain relationships across the wider business, with particular focus on the sharing of knowledge and best practice with the strategic sourcing teams and developing relationships at a senior level with the customer to aid management of the facilities management contractor.
13. Proactively develop and maintain a good understanding of industry best practice and trends, with the aim of introducing and applying this to the benefit of the estate.