Senior Bridge and Structures Design EngineerRecruiter: Kiwi Rail
KiwiRail is New Zealand's national railway, employing around 3,400 talented people in a wide range of business functions. Our Network Services team is responsible for maintaining 4,000 kilometres of rail corridor, bridges, tunnels, viaducts, overhead wires, signals and level crossings.
We are seeking a Senior Bridge and Structures Design Engineer to join our Network Services team located in New Zealand – (based in Auckland or Wellington).
The role will report to the Engineering Team Leader for Structures discipline and will be responsible for engineering aspects of design and maintenance work for railways infrastructure structures assets.
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
· Creating design solutions for bridge replacement (including foundations) and structures (bridges, tunnels, culverts retaining walls, seawalls and lighting towers)
· Providing expert technical advice for the maintenance and upgrade of structures assets
· Supporting the development of long-term asset management strategies for structures assets
· Training and supervising junior engineers, and providing technical guidance for mentoring
Your Role Requirements:
· Extensive hands-on technical design experience in Civil Structures and Railway Bridges
· Asset Management experience
· Be tertiary qualified in Engineering or a Engineering related degree
· Have strong communication skills
· Opportunity to work in a progressive organisation
· 5 weeks annual leave
· Relocation allowance
· Access to discounted holiday homes and travel
· Subsidised health insurance
We are looking to fill this position ASAP so will be considering applications as they come through. Interviews are set down for the 1st and 2nd week of June.