Senior Manager, Rolling Stock (Electrical)Recruiter: Land Transport Authority
You will manage, lead, support and train a team of rolling stock engineers and technical support staff in all aspects of rolling stock design. You will lead the teams in assessing tender proposals and overseeing the day-to-day running of rolling stock contracts. You will ensure that relevant technologies and standards for design and safety are specified in procuring all the types of rolling stock. In the subsequent execution of contracts, you are to ensure that the design is fully compliant with the regulatory authority requirements. You will be required to apply specialist skills and knowledge in developing the division’s ongoing Rolling Stock Standards and in preparing procurement specifications. You will be required to spend short periods of time overseas at supplier premises to develop designs, test equipment and accept vehicles. You will also be required to continually improve the reliability of trains in revenue service and in managing rolling stock assets.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, commissioning, operating or maintaining rolling stock and depot equipment
- A team player with a strong analytical mind and ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, resourceful and have a positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills