Project Director - ETCSRecruiter: Network Rail
Salary: £105,000 - £125,000
Develop and deliver a major investment project or portfolio of work in line with business requirements and customer expectations. The ETCS project should be undertaken in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to cost, time and quality in line with Corporate Governance; Company Standards and procedures.
- Lead the ETCS project team to deliver the business and customer objectives agreed, whilst confirming compliance with appropriate company governance, standards and procedures.
- Achieve the ETCS project outturn and margins as agreed with the Programme Director.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the development and delivery of the ETCS work scope.
- Identify priority opportunities within ETCS and lead promotion and sharing of best practice between programmes.
- Monitor planning so that it considers cross-programme requirements and supports the effective delivery of contracted obligations.
- Develop and improve relationships with key stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
- Develop and manage the ETCS team, monitoring adequate resources available to deliver a flexible, competent, skilled and effective workforce at all times.
- Contribute as a member of the programme organisations senior management team.
- Lead compliance in corporate health, safety, quality and environment processes for ETCS.
- Implement relevant parts of the renewals plan.
- Act upon and discharge of, of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for ETCS as directed.
- Sponsor audit of programme and project documentation, activities, processes and systems. Lead the communication of key issues for the function.
- Lead the communication of key issues for the project supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change. This should encompass where appropriate communications with outside bodies.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Relevant experience in the successful leadership and management of major projects and programmes of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
- Strong commercial focus and financially astute.
- Knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety, quality and environment legislation and best practice.
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership and behavioural change within a large organisation.
- Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures.
- Successfully completed the Strategic Safety Management Course
- Six Sigma Champion.
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK railway industry.