Signalling Design EngineersRecruiter: Rail Systems Australia
Have you considered relocating to Australia? Or perhaps an Aussie working holiday?
This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for....
Rail Systems Australia is an independent Australian rail engineering practice delivering innovative, safe and reliable solutions through the integration of communications, signalling, automatic train control and asset management.
Backed by a proud record of delivery, we are committed to the adoption of technology and innovation to play a role in the progression of the Australian rail industry.
Being involved on some of Australia’s largest rail projects, we are going through an exciting period of growth, and as such we are looking to bolster our Signalling Design team with the following roles:
- Senior Signalling Design Engineer
- Signalling Design Engineer
We are looking for candidates who have proven experience with signalling design tasks for both conventional and modern (eg ETCS, CBTC) railway signalling and train control systems.
To be considered for the Signalling Design roles you need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in railway signalling design in a metropolitan passenger rail OR heavy haul rail environment
- Demonstrated experience and sound understanding of signalling design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Demonstrated highly developed oral communication and consulting skills, with the ability to communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Possess a strong client service attitude
- Current formal rail design competency certificates, or ability to attain formal approvals for Australian rail operators (ARTC, MTM, CRN, QR, or more generally recognised IRSE) with complete log books to demonstrate competency
The following would be viewed favourable:
- Knowledge and experience in ATP, ETCS, CBTC rail environments; and
- A recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar; or
- Membership of a relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership
Enjoy the beautiful climate and vibrant lifestyle that Australia offers, with positions available in the major cities of Brisbane, Perth and Sydney.
View videos on Australia’s cities:
Australia has recently introduced the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (TSS) which allows us to bolster our team with the experience from overseas applicants (whose occupation falls within STSOL, MLTSSL). We are keen to speak to candidates who have working experience on railway environments in the UK or Europe.
Please send a covering letter addressing the selection criteria outlined above, and an up-to-date resume to: hr(at)railsystemsaustralia.com.au